Trayectos is committed to the development of contemporary dance in Aragón, with performances from local companies throughout the festival, and through a series of mechanisms to artistically stimulate and professionally stabilise the companies and their dancers.
The local companies that you can find in Trayectos this year:
- D´Click – a young group who mixes dance with circus
- Circle of Trust – with their indoor choreography
- LaMov – a professional company known by many
- Ingrid Magriñá – a dancer with long successful career, presenting her new solo
- Tarde o Temprano Danza – with their most recent piece
- Jorge García – a dancer from Zaragoza who develops his artistic career as a soloist in the Basel Ballet
We will see Jorge García perform during the first day of Trayectos, in Etopía Centre of Art and Technology. The well-known Swiss company Basel Ballet interpret main roles from choreographic creations by Jiri Kylian, Ohad Naharin, Christopher Bruce, Nacho Duato, Anjelin Preljocaj, Jorma Elo, Stijn Celis, Blanca Li, Stephan Thoss, Alexander Ekman y Mats Ek. It will be a special occasion as they return to dance in their city to show us their own work; a duet called “Bipolar Skin” with Débora Maiques, for which they won the “Audience Prize Cross Connection Choreographic International Competition 2012”.
Images: Jorge García and Débora Maiques, Circle of Trust (Photo Aschenbecher), D´click (Photo Leioa), LaMov (Photo Rodrigálvarez), Tarde o Temprano Danza (Photo Pepe Matute), Ingrid Magrinyá (Photo Marta Marco).